- Determine key psychological factors in the operational environment.
- Provide training and advisory assistance to insurgent leaders and units on the development, organization, and employment of resistance information capabilities.
- Identify actions with psychological effects that can create, change, or reinforce desired behaviors in identified target groups or individuals.
- Shape popular perceptions to support UW objectives.
- Counter enemy misinformation and disinformation that can undermine the UW mission.
(CMO). Although CMO plays a small role in resistance operations, planning CMO early in the campaign is critical. CMO efforts can play a significant role in—
- Mitigating the suffering of the population during resistance operations through humanitarian assistance (HA) efforts. (Forces must conduct CMO and HA efforts in a manner that does not link the population to the resistance effort, thereby bringing the retaliation of adversary forces.)
- Planning mobilization of popular support to the UW campaign.
- Analyzing impacts of resistance on indigenous populations and institutions and centers of gravity through CA inputs to intelligence preparation of the operational environment (IPOE).
- Providing the supported commander with critical elements of civil information to improve situational awareness and understanding within the operational environment.
- Assisting in stabilization postconflict.
- Assisting in the demobilization and transition of former resistance forces postconflict.
Syrian Revolution or CIA coup? http://generalstrikeusa.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/syrian-revolution-or-cia-coup/
Strike Updates: Syria http://generalstrikeusa.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/strike-updates-syria-61711/
C.I.A & the MAFIA & the Global Drug Trade (Then & Now) http://generalstrikeusa.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/c-i-a-the-mafia-then-now/